Due to further expansion at Cannon Fire Protection, we are looking for a Trainee Engineer to join our team who will be working in the London area.
The full job specification can be found below. If this role interests you or somebody you know, please submit both CV and covering letter using the contact information at the bottom of the page.
Job Title: Trainee Engineer
Location: London area
With almost 30 years’ experience, Cannon Fire Protection has developed an excellent reputation within the fire protection industry throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
For well over a decade now the company has focused on supporting fire industry trade users and FM companies, providing turnkey solutions for fixed fire suppression. Independent auditing of our quality management systems, contracting and service operations ensures the very best provision of support in our sector. Sites we attend range from restaurants, prisons and banking group headquarters to hotels and sports stadiums.
You will be part of a highly experience engineering team where you will receive full training to become a fully qualified Fire Suppression Engineer. Your day will be extremely varied traveling to various pre booked appointments completing service and remedial works to Fire Suppression equipment. Service Ansul fire suppression systems.
Examples of the type of works you will undertake:
• Service Ansul Fire Suppression Systems.
• Service Gaseous Fire Suppression Systems both mechanically and electrically.
• Service portable fire extinguishers.
• Complete remedial works.
• Complete call outs.
• Build professional and effective relationships with a wide client base.
The ideal person for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working on suppression systems and portable extinguishers would be an advantage, but full training can be given.
- Engineering background, or mechanical/electrical knowledge would be an advantage, but full training can be given.
- Smart appearance and excellent communication skills.
- Flexible with working hours and ability to work away from home when required.
- Ability to work unsupervised with capability to problem solve.
- Full clean UK driving license essential.
- Be a positive, friendly and a strong confident communicator.
- Company vehicle, mobile phone and uniform provided.
- 20 days holiday plus birthday and bank holidays. Holidays increase by 1 every year of service, up to to a maximum of 25.
- Death in Service Insurance
- NEST Pension
- Life insurance
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Language: English (required)
Licence/Certification: Driving Licence (required)
- Day shift (required)
- Night shift (required)
- Overnight shift (required)
Willingness to travel: 100% (required)
Work Location: On the road
Reference ID: Trainee Engineer
Please submit all CVs along with covering letters to [email protected]