Cannon Fire Protection, are looking for a credit controller to join our team, at our head office in Ollerton.
The full job specification is below but if you need any more information please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Job Title: Credit Controller
Location: Ollerton, Newark
Company & The Role
Cannon Fire Protection is a specialist fire suppression company who work on behalf of a variety of both Trade, FM companies and End Users. We have exciting and ambitious plans and 2023 to date has give us a real strong platform to grow more quickly.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated and confident Credit Controller to join our team in Ollerton. We are a small team who work well together, so the successful candidate will be a good team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to portray the company’s high standard of customer service.
The role will involve liaising with customers, suppliers, and colleagues, supporting all accounts functions with the main emphasis on debtors and credit control.
You will be friendly and enthusiastic with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and use your own initiative.
- Focus on credit control dealing with invoice disputes or queries on accounts.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Support collation and preparation of supplier payment runs.
- Run credit checks on new and existing customers and suppliers.
- To answer and direct internal/external phone calls in a polite and professional manner.
- To assist in the preparation of regular and ad-hoc scheduled reports.
- To support and maintain an efficient filing system.
- Using the company C4W/simPRO database system to understand customer contracts (full training will be given).
- Any other ad hoc projects/duties as required.
- Overall, we are looking for someone who has extensive experience in all these areas and will be able to work under their own initiative and prioritise and manage their way through the daily, weekly, and monthly routines.
- We are also open to talking to candidates who may be at an earlier stage of their career who have some areas of development but who have demonstrated via academic record and/or are part way through their accountancy qualifications and want to follow a professional finance career – this is an aspect that we would support so long as the key job description areas above can be met.
- Hold experience in transactional accounting processes/systems, credit control and reconciliations.
- Have exposure to SAGE systems.
- Computer literate and proficient in other MS Office (incl. Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint).
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills – internal and external customers.
- Good communication skills with a confident, professional telephone manner.
- Proactive and flexible approach with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- An ability to effectively work under pressure and problem solve.
- Punctual, committed, and eager to learn.
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Office based Ollerton
How to apply for the role
To apply for this job please send a copy of both your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]