Coronavirus Statement from Cannon Fire Protection
The COVID-19 pandemic has had unprecedented effects on communities and families in the UK, and around the world. Cannon Fire Protection remains open, continuing to do everything in our power to protect our team, our customers and maintain operational standards as far as is practical.
We are monitoring the situation daily, planning for all possibilities, adhering to the guidelines set out by the government, Public Health England and Health & Safety Executive.
We encourage all our customers at this time, to maintain any ongoing planned preventative maintenance (PPM) regimes on fire systems. Any cancelled or postponed PPMs or remedials will result in your site being categorised as non-compliant, under British Standards and Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order. This can affect your sites ability to operate, consultation with your insurers will be required.
Cannon Fire’s engineers remain available, in line with the recommendations of the Fire Industry Authority (FIA), to complete PPM and remedial visits. We fully understand the importance and the critical nature of these visits during this difficult time. Consequently, we have taken the necessary steps to tackle the spread of the virus and support the NHS.
- We are minimising social contact by keeping the proper distance in all environments and remote working where possible.
- We have put together a specific risk assessment to allow all works to be carried out safely, without physical contact with our customers or their staff. This involves the use of a keyholder to unlock and secure the building, from a safe distance.
- As a result of temporary property shutdowns, much of Cannon’s work including PPMs and remedials can now take place during ‘normal’ office hours.
- All travel and meetings have been rescheduled unless absolutely necessary, replaced by video conferencing.
- More rigorous sanitation procedures have been introduced, including the government recommended handwashing techniques and sanitising wipes for surfaces and high traffic areas.
- We are updating employees and customers on current government recommendations regularly to limit the risk of infection and spread.
Cannon will continue to respond promptly as the situation changes and evolves, doing all that’s possible to continue to accommodate all circumstances. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require our assistance.
We wish you all well, thank you for your continued support.